Rhode Island Payer Day
Payer Presentations will focus on: How to best utilize the payer website to maximize efficiency in your practice.
7:45 a.m. Registration/Networking & Breakfast
8:15 a.m. Welcome & MGMA Updates
8:30 a.m. Payer Presentations
11:35 a.m. ICD-10 Update - Mike Enos, CPC, CPMA, CEMC
12:00 p.m. Program concludes
Payers will address how to determine/process the following:
- Patient eligibility
- Patient deductible information by specialty
- Remaining patient deductible amounts
- Referral processing
- Previously approved referrals/pre-authorizations
- How to determine what “tier” that your provider is categorized with the insurance plan
- How to file a corrected claim electronically
- How to file an appeal electronically
Continuing Education Units, CEUs
Earn up to 1.0 continuing education unit hours for each hour of education from the ACMPE, American College of Medical Practice Executives. Our events are eligible for continuing education units as awarded by other professional associations. We recommend that you contact your professional association for their approval process.
This program is valid for 4 continuing education credits by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Attendees will receive their AAPC certificate at the conclusion of the program.