Massachusetts/Rhode Island MGMA provides this Career page as an affordable service to the medical practice community.
Members and non-members are welcome to participate. Send your career notices to Info@mmgma.com in an email or as an email attachment. An attachment should be an original file [IE: Microsoft Word]. A notice will remain online for 30-days, but can be renewed for an additional 30-days at the same rate. Massachusetts/ Rhode Island MGMA members can post a career notice free of charge. The fee to nonmembers is $99 per notice. Payment needs to be received in full before the career posting is uploaded to the website.
System Chief Nursing Officer
St. Lawrence Health System
Avoca Search is proud to partner with St. Lawrence Health System in beautiful upstate New York to recruit for the position of System Chief Nursing Officer. This key member of the senior management team reports to the System President and is responsible for the strategic direction for nursing practice, clinical nursing education and nursing leadership across St. Lawrence Health System. The CNO participates in the planning and implementation of programs and services to ensure the provision of high quality, safe patient care, service excellence, fiscal responsibility, and employee engagement.
The CNO also serves as chief nursing executive for Canton-Potsdam Hospital and the chief nursing executives of Gouverneur and Massena hospitals report directly to this CNO. Departments reporting to the CNO include critical care and med/surg, emergency department, obstetrics, observation, surgical services, trauma, quality/performance improvement, patient safety, pharmacy, infection prevention, and nursing education.
Ideal candidates will have ten years of progressive healthcare nursing leadership experience; experience working as a leader in a highly unionized labor management environment a plus. Demonstrated experience in raising and maintaining high levels of patient satisfaction and quality scores. Excellent team leadership, strong interpersonal skills, and proven ability to partner with system executives. Strategic thinker with strong execution, excellent communication skills, and established track record.
Candidates will also have a Bachelor’s Degree in nursing with Master’s Degree preferred; a current and valid NY state RN license or ability to acquire; and advanced knowledge of professional nursing practice in an executive or specialty practice area as evidenced through certification such as CENP, NEA-BC, FACHE, etc. or ability to attain with 18 months of hire.
St. Lawrence Health System (SLH) is the largest employer in St. Lawrence County with more than 2,025 employees, 195 full-time medical staff members and annual net operating revenues of $225 million. SLH governs Canton-Potsdam Hospital, Gouverneur Hospital, and Massena Hospital. Along with these three hospitals, primary care offices and specialty care practices are located throughout St. Lawrence County.
SLH is in northern, upstate NY in Potsdam in St. Lawrence County, along the Raquette River and near the northern foothills of the Adirondack Mountains. There are four colleges within a 10-mile radius as well as beautiful parks, restaurants and cafes. Potsdam is one of the oldest towns in New York and has a small-town, suburban feel and is an ideal community to call home.
Please forward all confidential resumes, inquiries or nominations to:
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/Excel Orthopaedic Specialists
If you are an experienced medical practice executive with strong financial and accounting skills looking to make a positive impact on patients, employees, and physicians, we want to talk to you!
The ideal candidate has proven experience with budgeting, financial management, ability to build a consensus utilizing open, neutral, factual communication with a collaborative leadership style.
At Excel Orthopaedic Specialists, our mission is simple: to provide the very best in medical services for those who come to us with orthopaedic problems and injuries, and to treat each patient like a family member. Located North of Boston, Excel Orthopaedic Specialists is an orthopaedic surgery practice consisting of nine orthopaedic surgeons, one podiatrist and five physician assistants and highly skilled physical and occupational therapists. The Excel team also includes 132, dedicated and talented team members.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume with a detailed cover letter describing why you are the best candidate for the position. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. We are looking for specific achievements and accomplishments that demonstrate you meet the criteria.
We check references and perform background and credit checks on qualified candidates.
Excel Orthopaedic Specialists is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Submit your resume and cover letters to email@example.com
Chief Financial Officer
Valley Health Partners
Avoca Search is proud to partner with Valley Health Partners in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania to recruit for the position of Chief Financial Officer. This mission-driven leader will be a key member of the senior management team and will oversee all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for Valley Health Partners in conjunction with the Board of Directors and the CEO. The CFO reports to the Chief Executive Officer and participates as a member of the organization’s Leadership and Executive teams. This is a unique opportunity to be the first CFO of a large and newly formed health center seeking designation as an FQHC-Look Alike poised for significant growth.
Ideal candidates will have:
Valley Health Partners was formed in July 2020 as an independent organization comprised of eight well established community-based practices in the Lehigh Valley to increase accessibility to care for the underserved and vulnerable populations, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay.
Valley Health Partners is in Lehigh County in southeastern Pennsylvania in the area known as the Lehigh Valley, and Allentown is its county seat. Allentown and Bethlehem are vibrant mid-size college towns, near the Poconos and positioned in the corridor between Philadelphia and New York City, with quick and easy access to both metropolitan areas.
Please forward all confidential resumes, inquiries or nominations to:
Beetham Eye Institute (BEI)
The Practice Manager, Clinic Operations ensures smooth daily operations of the Beetham Eye Institute (BEI) medical practice and support services and provides budgetary support, directly or via delegation to designated supervisory staff. Specifically designated area is the Beetham Eye Institute.
The Practice Manager will also serve as a key resource for practice affiliations including but not limited to Massachusetts Eye and Ear, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Works with staff from other institutions to ensure seamless care and the highest level patient experience.
Works collaboratively with other Joslin Diabetes Center Department Administrators representing the goals and efforts of the BEI ensuring optimal clinic operations inclusive of high quality, competent, efficient services and exceptional patient satisfaction and customer service standardsCLICK HERE to check out the full job description
Associate Director, Specialty Care, LLC, with advancement opportunities
Specialty Care, LLC (SCLLC) is a unique Eastern Massachusetts physician practice management services organization/network. SCLLC is owned by its 360+ physician members. SCLLC creates and administers select services/programs for its owners’ practices which enable them to act as one large group, while at the same time maintaining their independence in private practice. Visit www.specialtycarellc.com for more information. The Associate Director will work with the Executive Director, Board of Managers, and Committees to conduct the organization’s business and operations.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Degree in Health Sciences, Management, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
Full time flex position; collaborate in-person and online; work out of home; travel to member practices and other meeting locations; Monday through Friday with early morning and evening meetings across Eastern Massachusetts. Boston to MetroWest to South Shore applicant locations preferred.
• Experience working with a wide range of medical personnel: physicians (SCLLC is predominantly surgical specialties), medical practice support staff, admin./managers.
• Medical or medical management/admin. background.
• Advanced training in management (MBA preferred).
• Understanding of group practice operations (surgical specialty preferred).
• Knowledge of mathematical modeling, statistical analysis.
• Experience with 2-3 of the following: employee benefits, human resources, medical supplies, professional liability insurance.
• Excellent communication, writing, and analytical skills.
• Plan, organize, and conduct the organization’s operations.
• Assist in conducting the Risk Management program: analyze malpractice claims data for review with individual members, the insurance carrier, and Risk Management committee; research and analyze claims of potential new members for credentialing, analyze claims of the entire membership to assess the financial impact on the malpractice insurance program; manage various risk management activities (incl. newsletter, CME programs, office reviews) with assistance of consultant(s).
• Co-lead annual malpractice insurance renewal process.
• Conduct organization’s other major programs: Medical Supplies Program, Human Resources and Employee Benefits Program, Medicare Bonus Program(s) – all in coordination with SCLLC’s partnering organizations.
• Lead and manage committee meetings including Board of Managers, Risk Management and Investment Advisory Committees.
• Assist in development and implementation of an annual CME conference.
• Financial management of the organization, including budget development and monitoring, preparation of monthly reports for the Board, fee and premium billing – all in coordination with organization’s accounting firm, partnering organizations, and/or consultant(s).
• Prepare accurate and timely analyses of savings for members and potential new members garnered through participation in organization’s programs.
• Participate in the recruitment process for new members: promote SCLLC, meet with potential new members, conduct due diligence, analyze credentials, onboard approved new members.
• Provide leadership to and manage the efforts of support staff
• Oversee and manage website content and SCLLC databases with consultant(s).Posted 5-24-21
Cooley Dickinson Medical Group (CDMG), a dynamic multispecialty group of approximately 150 employed providers, is currently seeking a Practice Administrator to manage and lead the day-to-day administrative and business functions of our Ob/Gyn and Midwifery Care Services practice. In collaboration with the group’s Director of Operations, this individual will be responsible for implementation of strategic planning, program development, clinical and operational quality improvement, financial/budget reporting and monitoring, and staff supervision.
CDMG is a subsidiary of Cooley Dickinson Healthcare Corporation, a non-profit healthcare organization in Western Massachusetts affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital. This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced practice management professional who is excited by the prospect of joining the staff of a growing multi-specialty group practice and playing a leadership role in our continuous drive for improvement.
The ideal candidate will possess management level experience in a hospital or medical group setting, preferably with managing an Ob/Gyn practice; knowledge of medical office procedures, protocols, coding, reimbursement from insurance companies and electronic medical records; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (Master’s degree preferred); and the ability to maintain harmonious working relationships with physicians, non-physician providers and staff while addressing complex and sensitive administrative, operational, and finance issues.
Northampton, Massachusetts, the home of CDMG, is a vibrant arts and five-college community offering great cultural amenities, educational opportunities for all ages, and a location convenient to all points throughout New England. Northampton has been named one of the best U.S. destinations for restaurants, theater, galleries and overall quality of life by Leisure Magazine and other travel writers. Located right off Interstate 91, Northampton offers residents easy access to both rural and major metropolitan areas throughout New England, including Boston (100 miles), Hartford (45 miles) and New York City (150 miles).
For more information or for consideration, please visit www.cooleydickinson.org or contact Josh Maybar, Recruitment Manager, at 413-582-2720.
Cooley Dickinson Health Care embraces diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, and encourages people of color, veterans, people with disabilities, LGBTQ candidates, and people from other underrepresented groups to apply.Posted 5-17-21
Surgical Practice Office Manager
Multi provider, multi office, West Suburban Boston Massachusetts surgical group seeks an individual with prior physician practice management experience. Proven track record in financial, operations, compliance, HR and MIS/EMR management required. Outstanding organizational and communication skills mandatory and minimum 3 years medical administrative experience also needed.
Email resume with salary requirements to email@example.com.Posted 3-17-21
Full time management position available to lead the clinical operations of a busy pediatric practice with 3 offices. This position reports to the Practice Administrator and supervises approximately 30 staff members. Responsibilities include establishing standards of quality patient care, staff, and role development, maintaining clinical protocols, handles high level provider or patient needs, provides oversight of training process, and is the practice’s designated OSHA officer. This position participates on the management team and must keep abreast of industry changes. The successful candidate will possess strong management and communication skills. RN licensure required.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Triage (RN) Nurse
At New England OB/GYN Associates, we understand that every employee is responsible for creating a positive patient experience and seek to hire and reward people that are willing to contribute to that environment. www.neobgyn.org
We have a full time opening for a Triage (RN) Nurse (36 hours/week): Responsibilities include triaging patient phone calls in accordance with professional and office protocols. Perform nursing assessments and provide counseling and teaching to patient. Provide general nursing care to OBGYN patients (non-stress tests, injections) and assist providers with office procedures.
Position requires a nursing license (RN). Labor & Delivery experience preferred. Minimum requirements: at least 1 year of inpatient or outpatient nursing experience in obstetrics or gynecology setting and the ability to function independently.
Benefits include 11 paid holidays, no weekends, paid time off based on years of employment and a company sponsored pension and 401K plan. New England OB/GYN is a 13 physician, 4 Nurse Practitioner, and 1 Physician Assistant group affiliated with Brigham and Women & Hospital. We are located at Chestnut Hill Square in a new medical building with free parking.
***Due to the COVID-19 pandemic this position will be partially remote with 1-2 days in office per week after training is completed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31.00 - $38.00 per hour
Please send CV to Brianna Keith, Nursing Manager email@example.com
RN Coder – Medicare Advantage
Population Health Management (PHM) is an innovative model of care delivery that aims to improve the health of patients while lowering the overall costs of care. PHM includes best practices and tactics to enhance the patient experience, improve outcomes, and provide better organized and more personalized care to our patients.
Under the direction of the PHM Program Director of Medicare Advantage with support from the PHM Risk Catpure clinical and administrative leadership as well as the PCPO TMP Medical Director, the RN Coder will provide central coding support to primary care practices participating in a Medicare Advantage product. They will assist local teams in developing processes to maximize risk capture opportunities, provide education and training on clinical documentation requirements and diagnosis and establish processes to centrally support improvement and completeness of ambulatory medical record documentation and HCC coding.
Partner with PHM Risk Capture Team and PCPO TMP team to define local and central workflows that will ensure optimal documentation and HCC coding
2. Work closely with local RSO teams to help operationalize defined workflows that will enable care teams and providers to have a consistent and standard approach to risk capture.
3. Establish workgroup of network representatives to foster sharing of risk capture best practices and provide insight on network needs to ensure central processes are offering adequate support and adding value
4. Develop and lead initatives to help right size patient problem lists in an effort to maximize risk cpautre opportunities though identification of suspect conditions, addressing exhsiting gaps, using both to help RSOs clean-up and maintain patient problem lists
5. Partner with PHM MD Risk coding educator to develop and enhance materials on appropriate HCC documentation & coding as well as effectively use of techonology to achieve optimal risk capture
6. Assist in offering additional support to expand current peer-to peer education program intended to orient providers to HCC coding along with how to effectively document in the Electronic Health Record
7. Participates in developing, implementing and reviwing reports and applications supporting HCC/risk Capture with key stakeholders (i.e. Data and Analytics Organization, Professional Billing Office)
8. Maintains up to date knowledge of current changes of coding practices through continued education and reading resource materials
1. RN graduate of an accredited school of nursing required
2. 3+ Years experience with medical terminology and reviewing of medical records in a clinical setting
3. Strong Organizational management , preferably in a healthcare setting
4. Strong PC / Microsoft application skills including Word, Advanced Excel, and PowerPoint.
5. Experience in quality improvement or process improvement activities preferred.
6. Minimal travel to Regional Service Organizations (RSOs), practices and hospitals within network.