Massachusetts/Rhode Island MGMA provides this Career page as an affordable service to the medical practice community.
Members and non-members are welcome to participate. Send your career notices to Info@mmgma.com in an email or as an email attachment. An attachment should be an original file [IE: Microsoft Word]. A notice will remain online for 30-days, but can be renewed for an additional 30-days at the same rate. Massachusetts/ Rhode Island MGMA members can post a career notice free of charge. The fee to nonmembers is $99 per notice. Payment needs to be received in full before the career posting is uploaded to the website.
Posted January 17, 2019
University Gastroenterology (UGI), located in Providence, Rhode Island, seeks to recruit a new Chief Operating Officer (COO) who will lead the operations of the organization, drive continued growth and profitability and grow shareholder value. This role represents an exciting opportunity to provide operational leadership to a highly-regarded group of providers that comprises the largest gastroenterology medical group in the state. The COO will have a major impact serving as the most senior non-physician executive, contributing to the strategic, operational and clinical missions of the organization, while supporting the continued development of a high-quality program of clinical care that is a regional market leader.
UGI is a 26-physician single specialty group in Rhode Island with four major campuses. The group has 15 satellite offices and provides inpatient consultative services at several hospitals in the area. University Gastroenterology’s doctors are regionally recognized for their expertise in general gastroenterology, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, and therapeutic endoscopy.
Partnering with the newly elected President, the COO will play a major role in UGI’s ongoing expansion and building upon an already impressive reputation. Ideal candidates will have excellent physician relationship skills and an outstanding track record of leading a healthcare service business with a focus on operational excellence, patient experience and driving a positive, professional culture. Physician practice management experience highly preferred.
An attractive compensation package comprised of base salary, annual performance bonus, full benefits, and relocation assistance, if necessary, has been created to attract outstanding candidates. Bachelor’s degree in Business or Healthcare required; Master’s degree in healthcare administration or MBA preferred.
For consideration apply directly to:
Recruiter, Healthcare Services
T: (404) 253-7363
Posted January 9, 2019
This is a key strategic and tactical financial management position responsible for serving the market's administrative and physician leadership through the provision of advice, guidance, intellectual financial and business "know how". The position is part of the Executive Management team in Massachusetts and will provide support to the Sr. Director of Operations, Market Operations Managers, Physicians and Central Business Office of the Medical Group. The Director of Finance Operations position is responsible for the direct oversight and leadership of Finance, Capitated Managed Medicaid Incentive Programs, Due Diligence, Credentialing and Revenue Cycle Management functions associated with employed physicians and mid-level providers within the Massachusetts Market. The Director of Finance will provide leadership and guidance to a professional team supporting Accounts Payable, Cash/Treasury and Central Business Office. The position is responsible for interacting with market, region and home office finance and operations leadership in developing and maintaining sound financial systems and structures to ensure a profitable practice.
1. Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet.
2. Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
3. Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
4. Provides technical support for matters associated with budgets, targets, revenue recognition, compliance with GAAP, policies, procedures and guidelines.
5. Provides advice/guidance for decision-making that is in line with the overall strategic goals of the organization.
6. Supports the region on financial and operational management projections, reporting, budgetary controls, planning, and analysis as well as improvement initiatives.
7. Exhibits exemplary customer service skills. Provides analysis and solutions of business problems.
8. Continually educating the Market Operations Directors, Managers and Practice Managers on financial issues and budget control techniques; excellent communication skills.
9. Facilitate and coordinate ideas for development of strategies for revenue and expense improvements required to fulfill the goals and objectives of each practice entity.
10. Provide technical expertise to proactively drive and implement best practices across the finance and accounting functions.
11. Provide leadership and guidance to finance, accounting and revenue cycle management staff related to hiring and training of the staff, annual performance evaluations, and organizing and leading the region.
12. Participate in Monthly Operations Reviews with TPR and Region senior leadership.
13. Provide finance and operations support for practice acquisition and De novo practices.
14. Assist with development and communication of annual manpower plan and budgets.
15. Lead various meetings with physicians, practice operations, revenue cycle management and TPR leadership. Responsible for working with practice leadership to identify opportunities for improving EBITDA and cash flows.
16. Participate in physician on-boarding activities related to Finance. Educate practice management on utilization of MSO chart of accounts, reviewing / understanding practice financials and various operational Finance activities (e.g.: daily cash and charge reconciliations and proper controls related to change funds).
17. Provide oversight of market finance/accounting professionals to ensure timely and accurate completion of:
· monthly, quarterly and annual physician financial accounting (accrual-based) reports
· month end financial statements
· journal entry review
· financial statement variance analysis
· contractual and bad debt reserve analysis
· balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with Company policy with no reconciling items greater than 30 days
· cost allocations within the practice financials
· quarterly forecasts and annual budgets
· monthly physician contractual reporting including salary adjustment and productivity calculations
· Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required. Master's degree preferred.
· 10+ years of progressive management level experience in Finance, Accounting or Audit field required. Preferred progressive practical finance experience in an academic or large group practice and/or Fortune 500 experience a plus. Sound experience and background in GAAP, internal accounting controls, research/grant accounting and patient care regulatory environment. The successful candidate will also have demonstrated leadership and supervisory abilities, including a commitment to diversity and inclusion and the ability to build effective teams.
· Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both in writing and verbally, with physicians, management, vendors, consultants and other clients. Strong ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Strong analytical problem solving aptitude with creative solutions. Ability to organize work with large amounts of information efficiently, manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with attention to detail in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment. Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and other accounting software packages. Experience with Microsoft Access is preferred.
· CPA preferred.
Qualified candidates should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-754-0733 with questions.
Job Summary: Manages the daily administrative and clinical practice operations with commitment to providing the highest quality of service to patients in an ambulatory care practice. Provides oversight and training in all areas of day to day practice operations and resource utilization.
Posted December 14, 2018
St. Lawrence Health System (SLHS) seeks a dynamic, distinguished executive to serve as its next Vice President of Physician Practice Management. This is a unique opportunity at a respected healthcare organization. The Vice President of Physician Practice Management reports to the Chief Executive Officer of SLHS and is responsible for the leadership, growth, marketing, administration, and performance of employed physician practices within the Canton-Potsdam Hospital, Gouveneur Hospital, Canton-Potsdam Medical Practice, and Canton-Potsdam Hospital Foundation. The Vice President of Physician Practice Management will work collaboratively with the Physician Practice Management Medical Director and be responsible for the oversight of the clinics, including the supervision of managers and the activities of all clinic staff. The new Vice President of Physician Practice Management will establish him/herself as an experienced, successful, and visible leader who exhibits strong operational and strategic comp.
SLHS is the parent organization for two not-for-profit hospitals, a captive medical practice, and a foundation. Canton-Potsdam Hospital (CPH) is a community not-for-profit hospital certified for 94 beds. CPH operates under the parent corporation St. Lawrence Health System, and in affiliation with critical access Gouverneur Hospital (GH) in Gouverneur, NY. The System was formed in 2013 to improve health, elevate the standard of care, enhance patient experience through the coordination of integrated services, and gain efficiencies through collaboration.
The Vice President of Physician Practice Management must be an experienced, successful, and visible leader who exhibits strong operational and strategic competence and is highly respected by physicians, executive leadership, management, and staff.
SLHS collaborates closely with healthcare organizations across the north country and with its four area colleges: Clarkson University, St. Lawrence University, SUNY Potsdam, and SUNY Canton for clinical education and research. In addition, it serves as a pharmacy residency program host for Albany College of Pharmacy students. CPH is accredited as a whole by Det Norske Veritas and by other quality assurance organizations for specific services. CPH is fortunate to have more than 160 exceptional physicians, physician assistants, and advanced-practice nursing professionals among the members of its medical staff, and employs more than 1,400 individuals in total. The diverse, talented, and growing medical staff includes many specialists. To learn more about the medical staff at CPH, visit www.cphospital.org/search/providers. To learn more about the medical staff at GH, visit www.gvnrhospital.org/our-providers.
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Physician Practice will possess strong business development acumen and a proven track record of managing, mentoring, and developing staff. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of seven years of progressive leadership experience in physician practice, including a large physician practice or large outpatient clinic or multisite, and a Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, or related field, or a similar combination of education and professional experience. Clinical background (RN/MD) is a plus.
Please direct all nominations and resumes to Tom Quinn and Lisa DeSimone Arthur via e-mail to email@example.com.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations Finance in a matrix management role, this is a key strategic and tactical financial management position responsible for serving the market administrative and physician leadership through the provision of advice, guidance, intellectual financial and business ”know how”. The position is part of the Executive team in Worcester and will provide support for the Regional Director of Operations and Chief Medical Officers of the Practice Plan’s. The Finance Operations position is responsible for the direct oversight and leadership of Finance, Capitated Managed Medicaid Incentive Programs, Due Diligence and overall financial improvement of the practices. The Director of Operations Finance will provide leadership and guidance to a professional team which will include an Accounting Director and staff, and Financial Analysts. The position is responsible for interacting with market and home office finance and operations leadership in developing and maintaining sound financial systems and structures to ensure a profitable practice.