Massachusetts/Rhode Island MGMA provides this Career page as an affordable service to the medical practice community.
Members and non-members are welcome to participate. Send your career notices to Info@mmgma.com in an email or as an email attachment. An attachment should be an original file [IE: Microsoft Word]. A notice will remain online for 30-days, but can be renewed for an additional 30-days at the same rate. Massachusetts/ Rhode Island MGMA members can post a career notice free of charge. The fee to nonmembers is $99 per notice. Payment needs to be received in full before the career posting is uploaded to the website.
Market Operations Manager - Metrowest/Framingham, MA
Helping people feel better isn’t just about the treatment we give – the relationships we create and the compassion we share are just as important. We build our teams at Tenet Healthcare with a special kind of person. People who care, inspire and believe in our shared ability to help others.
Tenet Physicians Resources, the practice management division of Tenet Healthcare, has an immediate need for an area Manager, Market Operations in the Worcester, MA market.
The Manager, Market Operations (MOM) for the employed physician practices in the Worcester market will conduct daily interactions in a way that demonstrates a positive organizational attitude and effectiveness and models the organization’s Mission, Vision and Values.
MOM’s are area managers, who manage and direct activities in the Worcester market Physician Practices including physician human resources requirements, customer service, customer satisfaction, financials, Meaningful Use attestations, business information systems, practice profile analysis, and compliance with regulatory bodies.
Practice Administrator - Martha Eliot Health Center
Posted March 15, 2019
At BCH, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It’s in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. Also, in major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness and in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Martha Eliot Health Center and discover how your talents can change lives.
The Practice Administrator will be responsible for:
To qualify, you must have:
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus.
BCH offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement and discounted rates on T-passes
BCH is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
Perfusionist - Cardiovascular Surgery
Posted February 7, 2019
Will be responsible for:
To qualify, you must have:
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including an affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) retirement savings plan, cash-value pension plan, tuition reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Apply to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=368&siteid=5205#jobDetails=2806157_5205
Regional Director of Operations - Primary Care - Cambridge Health Alliance
Posted January 29, 2019
Job Details: The Regional Director of Operations (RDO) is responsible for the overall operations, program development, patient/customer growth and provider retention of four or more primary care locations.
Responsibilities: Overall accountability for financial performance, service quality, staff oversight, patient experience and quality of care. Additionally, the RDO will provide support and direction for resolution of issues which impact multiple locations e.g. on call systems. Supervises all site leaders and provides support to the staff in the provision of the highest quality patient care delivered in a compassionate, culturally sensitive, efficient, and cost-effective manner. Responsible to assess and respond to the needs of the community. Leads and encourages innovation and initiates and leads quality improvement projects. Accountable for budget and financial performance. Responsible for ensuring promotion of professional development in all those under his/her supervision. Promotes a professional image by contributing to an atmosphere of respectfulness to patients, their families, members of the staff and other customers. Committed to the development of staff to reach their fullest potential. Serve as a mentor and coach. Responsible for maintaining and enhancing an exemplar culture of engagement within their region. Partner with other leaders in Primary Care and elsewhere to inculcate a similar culture throughout Primary Care.
Qualifications: Minimum of five years experience in a leadership role in large or multiple ambulatory practices preferred. Experience in primary care preferred. Master's degree (MBA, MHA or equivalent) required.
Posted January 17, 2019
University Gastroenterology (UGI), located in Providence, Rhode Island, seeks to recruit a new Chief Operating Officer (COO) who will lead the operations of the organization, drive continued growth and profitability and grow shareholder value. This role represents an exciting opportunity to provide operational leadership to a highly-regarded group of providers that comprises the largest gastroenterology medical group in the state. The COO will have a major impact serving as the most senior non-physician executive, contributing to the strategic, operational and clinical missions of the organization, while supporting the continued development of a high-quality program of clinical care that is a regional market leader.
UGI is a 26-physician single specialty group in Rhode Island with four major campuses. The group has 15 satellite offices and provides inpatient consultative services at several hospitals in the area. University Gastroenterology’s doctors are regionally recognized for their expertise in general gastroenterology, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, and therapeutic endoscopy.
Partnering with the newly elected President, the COO will play a major role in UGI’s ongoing expansion and building upon an already impressive reputation. Ideal candidates will have excellent physician relationship skills and an outstanding track record of leading a healthcare service business with a focus on operational excellence, patient experience and driving a positive, professional culture. Physician practice management experience highly preferred.
An attractive compensation package comprised of base salary, annual performance bonus, full benefits, and relocation assistance, if necessary, has been created to attract outstanding candidates. Bachelor’s degree in Business or Healthcare required; Master’s degree in healthcare administration or MBA preferred.
For consideration apply directly to:
Recruiter, Healthcare Services
T: (404) 253-7363
Posted January 9, 2019
This is a key strategic and tactical financial management position responsible for serving the market's administrative and physician leadership through the provision of advice, guidance, intellectual financial and business "know how". The position is part of the Executive Management team in Massachusetts and will provide support to the Sr. Director of Operations, Market Operations Managers, Physicians and Central Business Office of the Medical Group. The Director of Finance Operations position is responsible for the direct oversight and leadership of Finance, Capitated Managed Medicaid Incentive Programs, Due Diligence, Credentialing and Revenue Cycle Management functions associated with employed physicians and mid-level providers within the Massachusetts Market. The Director of Finance will provide leadership and guidance to a professional team supporting Accounts Payable, Cash/Treasury and Central Business Office. The position is responsible for interacting with market, region and home office finance and operations leadership in developing and maintaining sound financial systems and structures to ensure a profitable practice.
1. Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet.
2. Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
3. Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
4. Provides technical support for matters associated with budgets, targets, revenue recognition, compliance with GAAP, policies, procedures and guidelines.
5. Provides advice/guidance for decision-making that is in line with the overall strategic goals of the organization.
6. Supports the region on financial and operational management projections, reporting, budgetary controls, planning, and analysis as well as improvement initiatives.
7. Exhibits exemplary customer service skills. Provides analysis and solutions of business problems.
8. Continually educating the Market Operations Directors, Managers and Practice Managers on financial issues and budget control techniques; excellent communication skills.
9. Facilitate and coordinate ideas for development of strategies for revenue and expense improvements required to fulfill the goals and objectives of each practice entity.
10. Provide technical expertise to proactively drive and implement best practices across the finance and accounting functions.
11. Provide leadership and guidance to finance, accounting and revenue cycle management staff related to hiring and training of the staff, annual performance evaluations, and organizing and leading the region.
12. Participate in Monthly Operations Reviews with TPR and Region senior leadership.
13. Provide finance and operations support for practice acquisition and De novo practices.
14. Assist with development and communication of annual manpower plan and budgets.
15. Lead various meetings with physicians, practice operations, revenue cycle management and TPR leadership. Responsible for working with practice leadership to identify opportunities for improving EBITDA and cash flows.
16. Participate in physician on-boarding activities related to Finance. Educate practice management on utilization of MSO chart of accounts, reviewing / understanding practice financials and various operational Finance activities (e.g.: daily cash and charge reconciliations and proper controls related to change funds).
17. Provide oversight of market finance/accounting professionals to ensure timely and accurate completion of:
· monthly, quarterly and annual physician financial accounting (accrual-based) reports
· month end financial statements
· journal entry review
· financial statement variance analysis
· contractual and bad debt reserve analysis
· balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with Company policy with no reconciling items greater than 30 days
· cost allocations within the practice financials
· quarterly forecasts and annual budgets
· monthly physician contractual reporting including salary adjustment and productivity calculations
· Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required. Master's degree preferred.
· 10+ years of progressive management level experience in Finance, Accounting or Audit field required. Preferred progressive practical finance experience in an academic or large group practice and/or Fortune 500 experience a plus. Sound experience and background in GAAP, internal accounting controls, research/grant accounting and patient care regulatory environment. The successful candidate will also have demonstrated leadership and supervisory abilities, including a commitment to diversity and inclusion and the ability to build effective teams.
· Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both in writing and verbally, with physicians, management, vendors, consultants and other clients. Strong ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Strong analytical problem solving aptitude with creative solutions. Ability to organize work with large amounts of information efficiently, manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with attention to detail in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment. Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and other accounting software packages. Experience with Microsoft Access is preferred.
· CPA preferred.